October 28, 2011

My Current Quest

*This is going to be very vague just for the purpose of length.*

God has really been teaching me this semester about trusting in Him. And I don't mean that lightly. He has humbled me, taken away my pride, and caused me to trust in nothing but Himself even to the point of having peace that if I am not "successful", it is okay because life here is temporary. I've been really struggling in how to handle my life and how to balance it. What things do I "give up" or stop doing when I can't seem to handle them all, but yet they all seem so important to me and are a way I serve God? I've been torn. Luckily, God knows that. He knows I haven't been able to give anything up even though I can't handle it all. And because of that, He is providing an out for me. I'm so thankful that God will provide for us. I'm so thankful that when we can't do things on our own but are striving to serve Him, that He will provide the means we need to get through it. I hope this makes sense without the details included. 

God is literally making me stop doing something. I didn't choose it; I didn't feel a peace about "quitting" something I'm a part of. I literally will not be able to fit each thing I've done this semester into next semester. And that is a blessing in disguise. To me, it is God saying, "It's okay, I've got this. I know you feel like you can't hear me or feel me leading, so I will show you what to give up by making it to where you can't do it." I am so thankful for His intervention in my life at this point. I can't even explain it. 

I'm not even sure the point of this blog besides that fact that I am overwhelmed that I don't have to try and figure out what I'm supposed to do. God is just setting it up to where I don't have to pick. Instead, it will be impossible for me to be a part of a certain group. Hopefully this will just be an encouragement to you that God will make a way for you to do His will if you're striving and can't seem to figure it out on your own. He will never punish or ignore a seeking heart. 

I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me. Proverbs 8:17

'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.' Jeremiah 29:11-13

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you, my dear friend! I love you lots and think about you often. Thanks for your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are so incredibly amazing. I really admire you, your prayerful heart, your passion for God, and your love for others. I love you too and hope you are doing great.

    ReplyDelete